This collection brings together approximately 1.5 million pages of primary sources from historical documents on LGBTQ history and activism, cultural studies, psychology, sociology, health, political science, policy studies, human rights, gender studies, and more.
Contains 5 topically focused primary source collections:
- “Public Hearings of the Commission on Wartime Relocation and Internment, 1981”
- “Japanese American Internment: Records of the Franklin D. Roosevelt Library”
- “U.S. Military Activities and Civil Rights: The Military Response to the March on Washington, 1963”
- “U.S. Military Activities and Civil Rights: The Little Rock Integration Crisis, 1957 1958”
- “The Observer: News for the American Soldier in Vietnam, 1962 1973”
Primary sources collection sourced from both American and Canadian institutions, as well as direct-from-source from newspapers from various tribes and Indian-related organizations. The collection also features Indigenous language materials, including dictionaries, bibles, and primers.